Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
BELT SPLICER – 5 POSITIONS
This position reports to the Foreman Mechanical Conveyors.
Purpose of the Position:
To ensure that equipment maintenance is carried out in line with the mine standards through effective maintenance.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- To carry out scheduled planned maintenance and breakdown work on the conveyor belts
- To receive daily assignments from superiors, collects tools and proceeds to work site
- To maintain services and repairs on plant and equipment by performing their belt splicing activities
- To carry out specialized skill functions and shut down works to specified dimensions
- To report progress of work to supervisors and submits completed check list
- To ensure housekeeping is maintained in the section
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate in belt Splicing on Conveyors from recognized institution
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum 2 Years’ experience in Hot/cold Splicing in Mining Industry
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to email@example.com. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 5 October 2018.
Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.