Time: Full time
Media 365: Ideas that Inform, Educate and Inspire
Who are we?
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, we have worked with local and global clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors since 2008.We are entrepreneurs who value innovation and see creativity as a hallmark of our business. We design and implement projects and campaigns using a design process that creates impact. We are seeking an ambitious, innovative and organised communicator who wants to explore their creativity and work on exciting projects, in the role of Communications Associate. If you’re eager to bring your creative and digital skills to build engagement, we’d love to hear from you!
What will you do?
The Communications Associate will help inform, develop, implement and monitor Media 365’s and our clients’ communications strategy. This includes managing a number of communication channels for both Media 365 and our clients. Typical work will include, developing content strategies, writing content, distributing to all relevant channels (particularly digital), conducting analytics and supporting the efforts of the whole communications team as needed (for instance writing content for newsletters, updating photo library, liaising with press/media etc.).
What do you need to demonstrate?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, marketing, advertising or a related field, or the equivalent in work experience
- At least 2 years work experience in social media, communications, marketing, analytics, public relations or related area with an understanding of social media, online marketing landscapes and metrics
- Digital and social media savvy with a passion for communicating complex topics;
- Strong writing skills with experience of writing for and managing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram, WordPress and/or other social media platforms in a professional capacity
- Research experience, especially as relates to a communications context
- Ability to analyze performance metrics and summarize insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Some familiarity with Google Analytics preferred;
- Experience with Google AdWords and/or managing social media advertising or other paid campaigns a plus;
- Knowledgeable about website content management systems including WordPress and email marketing platforms such as MailChimp a plus
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Indesign a plus
- Knowledge of basic HTML code is also an advantage Personal attributes
- Creative and have an analytical and editorial mindset
- Articulate, with good command of spoken and written English
- Driven and ambitious about our and our client’s goals
- Highly organized and able to multi-task whilst maintaining clear and proactive flow of communication and ownership of tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and external audiences
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently and collaboratively
- High levels of flexibility and comfort working on multiple projects on a range of topics simultaneously
- Have a keen and active interest in spotting digital trends and helping bring innovation digital solutions to them
To apply please submit a cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the job and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Communications Associate, by 15th October.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you!