JOB TITLE: PENSIONS MANAGER
Reporting: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
Job Purpose Summary/Responsibi1ities:
This position will bc responsible for oversight of activities related to pensions operations and management. The position is based in Kitwe with frequent travel outside the duty station.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in the management and controls of the computer based pension administration system to ensure that pension information and records are current and securely maintained.
- Ensures that all pension claims are correctly, timely and duly authorised to avoid delays and erroneous payments.
- Provide technical leadership in the preparation of management reports with respect to pensions operations.
- Ensure effective communication of pension related matters to the pension scheme members and sponsoring employers.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure timely preparation of actuarial valuation data for submission to the actuaries.
- Develops and implements effective business development and communication strategies aimed at attracting more members to the scheme.
- Conducts market survey to establish trends in the industry with a view to aligning the scheme to new developments.
- Coordinate the staff in the pensions department.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and coaching skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft packages Ability to work with voluminous data with utmost accuracy.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment
- Innovative and quick learner
- Social and emotional intelligent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Five (5) ‘O’ Levels or equivalent with credit in English and Mathematics
- Degree in Busmess Administration, Finance, Accountancy, Economics or Mathematics
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in pensions, insurance or financial sector.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Pension Softwares, Microsoft packages and statistical packages.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the pensions industry.
Applications together with CVs and copies of relevant qualifications should be sent by post or e-mail to the address below not later than 12th October 2018
Head Human Resource and Administration Mukuba Pension Trust P.O. Box 23570 Kitwe
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend interviews.