In order to be selected for these positions, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements. Applicants may apply for more than one position.
Management Support Officer/ Grants Coordinator VA 22/2018
Location : Lusaka
Starting Salary : ZMW 241,791.00/Annum
Work hours : Full-time; 40 hours/week
The Management Support Officer/Grants Coordinator provides administrative and management support directly to the Country Director (CD) and the Director of Provincial Operations and Program Performance (DPOPP). The position is also responsible for managing Post calendars and Peace Corps Volunteer leave requests. The Management Support Officer/Grants Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of grant projects at Post. The Coordinator serves as the primary grant program contact at Post for Volunteers, other Post staff, and Peace Corps/headquarters grant program support staff. In the absence of the Communications Liaison, this position provides back-up support.
The position is a member of the Administration team and reports directly to the Country Director.
- At least a diploma in business management, administration or related field is required; Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of office management / executive support experience supporting executive level staff in an international, multi-cultural organization working in community development is required. Experience working with a US government agency or contractor is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of grants management experience is required. Experience working with US government funded grant management is preferred.
- English proficiency (reading and writing) is required.
- Knowledge of small grants programs and of the Zambian culture is required.
- General knowledge of Peace Corps’ mission, Government of Zambia protocol, structures and contacts and collaborating with host country partners is required.
- Knowledge of key Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Power Point is required;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher is desired.
- Must be highly resourceful and creative, with strong interpersonal skills able to:
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Microsoft), including typing and basic trouble shooting of computer systems. Successful completion of necessary background and security clearances.
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website: email@example.com
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted by close of business October 18, 2018.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist, Peace Corps Zambia, Plot 71A Kabulonga Rd. P.O. Box 50707, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected] clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email (E.g. John Doe, Communications and Liaison Specialist)
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer