The Integrated Land and Resource Governance (ILRG) project, funded by USAID and implemented by Tetra Tech ARD, requires a full-time Finance and Administrative Officer. The ILRG project is supporting improved land governance in customary and state areas through partnerships with local implementing partners in Eastern and Central Provinces; supporting additional implementers with technical assistance on land documentation processes and data management; and liaising with government on best practices that may be integrated into upcoming efforts to scale up land documentation processes. The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for supporting overall financial and administrative functions. This position is based in Lusaka.
- Provide administrative support to all ILRG staff and perform all front desk duties, including attending to phone calls, maintaining a record of all contacts, as well as reconciling monthly office bills and welcoming and attending to office visitors.
- Organize and maintain departmental files, route and distribute office mail, copy/scan, and sort and distribute documents.
- Make travel and accommodation reservations on behalf of the staff that travel for official duties to domestic destinations. Prepare budgets for dispensing cash advances in accordance to USG rates, ensure that staff hand in SOW and travel authorization before payment of travel advances
- Manage petty cash to ensure that funds are available for day to day basic office requirements and reconciliation of monthly petty cash account
- Attend to bank issues such as deposits, etc.
- Attend meetings, takes notes and distributes minutes
- Ensure that all members of staff have health and life insurance and correspond with insurance providers on all staff insurance needs
- Occasional input of payment transactions into QuickBooks accounting system insuring that all codes are accurate
- Assist in monitoring the level of office supplies
- Maintenance of the ILRG inventory log, and ensure that all office assets are insured and well maintained
- Create price analysis before payment is made for all procurements
- Prepare all purchase orders and purchase requisition documentation
- Request for quotations from various vendors and prepare price analysis before payment is made for all procurements
- Any other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Procurement and Logistics Management.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience gained through serving in similar position with a USAID funded NGO, is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work in multicultural environment.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Zambia for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.