The Tuberculosis Reduction Through Expanded Antiretroviral Treatment and Screening (TREATS) Project will evaluate the effect of a combined TB/HIV prevention intervention implanted in the PopART trial to address the question of whether population level screening for tuberculosis, combined with universal testing and treatment (UTT) for HIV can significantly reduce the prevalence of TB and “ End TB”.
The overall aim of this project is to measure the impact of a combined TB/HIV intervention of population level screening for TB, combined with universal testing and treatment (UTT) for HIV, delivered over 4 years, on prevalence of TB disease.
To support our wide range of research activities, we are looking for candidates to fill the following positions:
Enumerator (8 positions)
Duration of contract: Three (3) months.
Locations: Will be stationed on assignment, in each of the following sites:
- Site A (Southern zone): Chipata ( Lusaka) , Chawama (Lusaka),Dambwa (Livingstone), Shampande (Choma)
- Site B (Northern zone): Ngungu (Kabwe), Ndeke (Kitwe), Chipulukusu (Ndola), and Chifubu (Ndola).
Tasks and Responsibilities.
- Obtaining verbal consent at households in the community.
- Timely and accurate recording of information in the household.
- Enlist all household members following the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
- Administer socioeconomic status questionnaire to head of household.
- Ensure that all eligible consenting house hold members are given/provided with the invitation cards, duly filled in with necessary details including time and date, to attend the Mobile Field Site.
- Work with other survey team members in the whole enrollment process.
- Must be a grade twelve (12) and at least 21 years and above.
- Good social communication skills.
- Knowledge of TB/HIV research is needed.
- Computer literacy and ability to use an electronic data capture device (tablet). Should be registered with Counselling Council of Zambia.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Fluency in English and one or more local languages spoken in the target communities.
- Must be willing to work long hours and walk around in the community.
- Previous experience as an enumerator in any survey, will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resident in the catchment area.
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above positions should submit their application letter, CV and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the reference which study site and position you are applying for e.g. TREATS – Radiographer – Site A or B or by post or The Human Resource Manager, Zambart House, Ridgeway Campus, Nationalist Road, Opposite UTH, P.O. Box 50697, Lusaka, Zambia.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 23rd October, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.